- be responsible to the group
- listen actively
- speak up
- share the air and encourage others
- support their views and findings
- show tolerance and respect; no putdowns allowed
- reflect (talk openly about problems) and connect
- Come prepared: work completed, materials and notes in hand
- bring along interesting questions and artifacts
- take the initiative
- folow the group's calendar
- settle problems with the group
- apologize if unprepared and make a plan (Harvey & Daniels, 2015, p. 57)
Harvey and Daniel's book is always on my desk so I can look up strategies.
Harvey, S., and Daniels, H. (2014) Comprehension and Collaboration. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.